JUI Testimonials is a component for Joomla 3.x that allows your users submit their testimonials/feedbacks and displays testimonials in a creative way.
- Easy to manage: With the fully featured backend, you can approve, edit, create or delete the testimonial easily as well as moderate testimonials from frontend.
- Tons of UI Options: There are many UI Options you can configure to fit your website template or your purpose such as layout, font, color, avatar size, field to be shown.
- Responsive design: JUI Testimonials not only have nice, clear design but also can display well on mobile devices.
- Joomla ACL compatible: The component is compatible with Joomla 3.x as well as Joomla ACL. You have permission to allow for who can submit testimonial, who can moderate testimonial easily. For example, if you want your users to be able to submit their testimonial, just change 'Create' permission of group 'Public' to 'Allowed'.
- Customizable Fields: JUI Testimonials provides various fields: avatar, position, company and website. You can choose which field to display in the submit form, it can be required or not.
- Auto approve: You can configure auto approve or not when your user submits a testimonial.
- Notification: You can get new testimonial notification via email.
- Powerful module: like the component, the module has many UI Options for style and rotator. It is also flexible in how to get testimonials.
Click here to see demo.
- Download JUI Testimonials from Joomla JUI website. The package includes the component and the module.
- Go to the admin site, click Extension → Extension Manager, Browse the file, then Upload and Install.
Go to the admin site, click Components → JUI Testimonials.
Create new category
Click New button to create a new category. Please note that the Title of category is required.
- Title: The title of the category is requested by default.
- Alias: Alias is for internal use only. Just leave it blank and Joomla will fill in a default value from the category’s title. It has to be unique.
- Parent: Choose one parent category from existing categories or No Parent.
- Status: Select among Published, Unpublished, Archived or Trashed opitions.
- Access: Set the permission for users to see the category.
Create new testimonial
Click button to create a new testimonial.
- Category: Choose a category for this new testimonial.
- Name: The name of the user who write the testimonial is required by default.
- Avatar: Select an avatar for the user. You can also preview the avatar by hovering the mouse over the ‘eye’ symbol.
- Email: Email address of the user.
- Position: Fill in the form with information about the user’s position, job or occupation.
- Company: Fill in the form with information about the name of company, organization or group.
- Website: Fill to website of the user
- Testimonial: Put the content of the testimonial here.
You can also change the date of testimonial by changing the Created Date option in Publishing tab.
After creating many testimonials, you will have a list like this.
Testimonial Module Configuration
In the admin site, click Extensions → Module Manager, search for JUI Testimonials and start setting.
Setting for Details
- Get Data From: Get testimonial data from selected categories or Testimonial ID.
- Category: Leaving this field blank allows you to show testimonials from all categories, otherwise you can choose categories from the list.
- Testimonial IDs: If you only want to show some certain testimonials, just enter IDs of testimonials in this field. IDs are separated by comma (,).
- Order By: The order that testimonial will show in. You can choose among options: Most Recent First, Oldest First, Title Alphabetical, Title Reverse Alphabetical, (Default) Ordering or Random.
- List Limit: Set the maximum number of testimonials that will display on the module.
- Show Title: Show/Hide the module title on front-end.
- Position: You may select a module position from the modal display of pre-defined positions where you can filter by type and template.
- Status: Do not forget to publish the module.
- Start Publishing and Finish Publishing: Choose start date and end date to publish the module.
Setting for Menu Assignment
- Module Assignment: Assign the module in selected pages.
- Menu Selection: Select menu to apply the setting of Module Assignment option
Setting for Module Permissions
Setting for UI Options
- Alternative Layout: Use default/box layout here or choose a layout from your template.
- Tag ID: An ID attribute to assign to the root div tag of the module (optional).
- Module Class Suffix: A suffix to be applied to the CSS class of the module. This allows individual module styling.
- Font Size and Text Color: Options to customize font size and color of text. If you want to use the default options, just leave them blank.
- Box Color, Box Border Color and Box Text Color: These options are used to change colors of items (box, border or text) of the quote box.
- Show Position, Show Company, Link Website and Show Avatar: Choose to hide/show the information or avatar of users.
- Avatar Size: Size of the user’s avatar in pixel
- Avatar Round: Size of radius of user avatar.
- Navigation Position: Choose Top or Bottom to show navigation buttons (next/prev).
- Navigation Color: Change the background color of next/prev buttons.
- Navigation Round: Size of radius of next/prev buttons.
- Custom CSS: Add CSS to change the style of the module.
Setting for Slider Options
- Auto Play: Option to turn on/off auto-sliding.
- Pause on Hover: If you choose option Yes, the slider will stop whenever you hover the mouse over it.
- Enable Navigation: Option to show or not show the next/prev buttons.
- Auto Hide Navigation: Option to allow navigation buttons automatically hide.
- Direction: The direction to scroll slides of testimonials.
- Height: The height of slider.
- Duration: Set the duration of transitions in milliseconds.
- FX: Indicates which effect (out of 8 effects) to use for the transition.
- Easing: Indicates which easing effect to use for the transition. You can choose one among Linear, Swing, Quadratic, Cubic, Elastic.
- Order By: The order that testimonials will show in.
- List Limit: Limit the number of testimonials shown in list. This option will use the component’s settings if you leave it blank.
- Pagination: Show or Hide Pagination support. Pagination provides page links at the bottom of the page that allows users
- Pagination Results: Show or hide pagination results information, for example, “Page 1 of 4”.
- Choose a layout: Choose the default or quote box layout for testimonials.
- # Columns: Number of columns in which testimonials are shown.
- Font Size and Text Color: Use these options to change the font size and color of testimonials.
- There are various options to not only change colors of box items but also show/hide Position, Company, Website and Avatar of users.
- Avatar Position: Show avatar of user on top or on the left side of the testimonial.
- Avatar Size: Size of user’s avatar in pixel.
- Avatar Round: Size of radius of user’s avatar.
- Custom CSS: Option to customize CSS style of testimonial list.
- Editing Layout: By default, there is just one layout. However, you can create your own layouts and load them here.
- Auto Approve: Choose to approve new testimonials automatically.
- Email Notification: Fill out this field with email addresses that notification of new testimonials is sent to. Email addresses are separated by comma (,).
- Email Subject and Email Body: These options are to configure subject and content of emails.
- There is a number of options to show/hide fields on the Submit Form such as Email, Avatar, Position, Company, Website, Category and to change the required settings of these fields.
- Default Category: Choose a default category where new testimonials are assigned to.
Setting permissions allows to change settings (Configure, Create, Delete, Edit...) for all child groups, components and content. There are 9 Default Groups, 7 Actions for each group and 3 Settings for each actions. You can take the changes in more than one group.
Note: To allow users to submit testimonial, you need to change Create setting to be Allowed.
Create a testimonial list
Click Menus → Menu Manager → Menu Items and click New button to add a new menu item.
After clicking the Select button, let’s choose the menu item type in JUI Testimonials from the drop-list. Both Default List View and Quote Box List View can be used to create a testimonial list.
- Category: Select categories from which testimonials are taken to display.
- List Layout options are not much different whereas if you choose Default List View or Quote Box List View. Also, if you choose Use Global or leave fields here blank, the testimonial list in this menu item will inherit settings of the component's configuration.
To show the Submit Form in a menu item on frontend, just pick Submit a Testimonial option.